Energy news from Turkey...
Turkey Climate Finance Workshop: COP26 & Beyond, November 30, 2021
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Istanbul
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm Brussels
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm London
- 6:00 am – 8:00 am Washington, D.C.
'We are delighted to partner with Garanti BBVA to invite you to an online edition of our IIF Climate Finance Workshop. As part of a series we have been organizing since 2018, this workshop will give a fresh look at the rapidly evolving landscape of climate finance from an emerging markets perspective, with a particular focus on key takeaways from COP 26. The event is tailored and timed for a European audience and will feature interactive panels that will focus on case studies and practitioners’ experience in mobilizing climate finance for the Turkish economy.'
- Confirmed Speakers:
- Sinan Ak, Chief Executive Officer, Zorlu Energy Group
- Leon Saunders Calvert, Head, Research & Portfolio Management, London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG)
- Ebru Dildar Edin, Executive Vice President, Garanti BBVA
- Sonja Gibbs, Managing Director and Head of Sustainable Finance, IIF
- Seray İmer, Sustainable Finance Manager, Garanti BBVA
- Kayril Karabeyoğlu, General Manager, Akfen Renewable Energy
- Barış Karapınar, Associate Professor of Climate Change Economics and Policy, Bogazici University Center for Economics and Econometrics
- Şule Kılıç, Deputy Head, Turkey, EBRD
- Orhan Solak, Head of Climate Change Department, General Directorate of Environmental Management Turkish Ministry of Environment and Urbanization
- Jakob Thomä, Executive Director & Co-founder, 2° Investing Initiative
- Hakan Yıldırım, Chief Executive Officer, Sanko Enerji
For questions or more information about the event, please contact,